Tangled ❤

Tangled is my favourite movie, since the premiere, in December of 2010. This story relates the life of a little woman with long, blond and magical hair, that lives locked in a tower, by her "mother" (spoiler: she doesn't her mother).

While the story itself is a remastering of one of the Disney stories of the Grimm Brothers, Rapunzel, it incorporates elements that make it more attractive for commercialization before the children's world, like the music and funny characters.

Taking into account the real and original history, it contains several marked gender stereotypes (something I don't like very much), such as the man who "rescues women", what I like about this adaptation is that it breaks into these beliefs typical of Disney movies, but rather both genres are protagonists (Rapunzel and Flynn Rider) contributing to the construction of the plot, because each one contains previous stories.

Another way to account for this break in stereotypes is that the production decided not to use the original name and use a gender-neutral, such as "Tangled", since both stories are the main ones and not one over the other, I like to say Both help each other to be "rescued."
I've been watching this movie for almost nine years, I really don't get bored of watching it, I know the songs by heart and I even have some of them on my Spotify list.


P.S. Flynn Rider's voice is made by Chayanne



Comments

  1. I really love this movie!, is one of my favorite. Also, I love the fact that Flynn's voice is Chayanne, because he's worthy of admiration and everyone's father hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! I agree so much with the point you make about gender stereotypes, what makes this movie great is that Rapunzel and Flynn both save each several times! I'm so happy that kids nowadays are growing up with stories like this, I love this movie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't get bored viewing this movie neither, and I think its very cool Disney begins to change roles of gender stereotypes. Regards!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that movie, especially Chayanne's voice <3

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog