"The Gerontology"

Hi everyone! In this opportunity, I will tell you about the job I would like to have. If well I consider myself as a proactive person, and I have done a lot of things (jobs or pymes), I really like my career.

I will be honest, throughout the first year I reconsidered a lot if Psychology was my thing, I wasn’t really like much the subject, but I was already studying, it was not within my plans to change. In the second year or in third definitely, I fall in love with the career, and I discovered the “Gerontology”, which is what I want to do in a not too distant time.

My dream job it’s in a Rights Protection Office from Older Adults, I imagine this work as rewarding, fun and dynamic. I think that I will be learning a lot with their wisdom and their experiences. While the name of this work contains the word "Office", I hope that the work is where the community lives (municipalities, a community center for the elderly or others) and not in a box of a medical center.

I hope to travel a lot, but not for work, I don't like congresses and research very much (I think it's very important, but not to do it myself), I love the deal with people.
I do not expect much about salary, we are in a country where Psychology and even more adulthood is very despised and undervalued, so I do not intend to gain eccentricities, but I would like it to be enough to fulfill my goals and dreams.

I think in this area because I have six grandparents, and I saw, and even now, the deal that has the society with their, and I hope changed (Dreaming costs nothing).



Comments

  1. I also like "Gerontology", and I think I loved it much more when we saw it with professor Daniela. It's an excellent bouquet, and I am almost certain that it was there when you began to like this area.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember the subject we had about Gerontology and it was such an interesting topic! I had never heard of that at the time, I think we could learn a lot from elderly people. Also, I'm sure you'll get your dream job, I hope you do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dreaming costs nothing!... Like a famous person said: ''You may said i'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one''...
    I hope and dream the same than you...
    Regards!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I remember the old age class and how much we liked it.
    I think Professor Daniela convinced us with her classes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It sounds very interesting! I believe there are lots of things to do on this field, and it would be very important in the near future.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Although in this blog I did not write about this ... I have the same dream as you: work with older people. I think it is a beautiful stage of life and I would love to learn from it. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is also a topic that I would like to work on in the future! I really like your perspective :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this area! and you will surely be an excellent professional, I know you are very committed to better their living conditions. Surely older adults will have many interesting stories to tell!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog